- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Engineer - Marine Systems Verification
Principal Engineer - Marine Systems Verification & Validation - Glasgow - 6 Months - £42.00/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
The role of Principal Engineer - Marine Systems Verification & Validation is pivotal for ensuring the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the overarching Marine and Platform Systems Integrated Test Evaluation & Acceptance Plans. It is also central for supporting the systems design teams in ensuring the quality and comprehensiveness of individual system plans, understanding the dependencies and risk between them and determining suitable risk mitigation as they progress through verification and validation to achieve acceptance.
The role requires close working relationships to be established and managed with Technical Authorities, system design teams, Trials and Commissioning and Requirements and Acceptance Teams to enable a comprehensive understanding of the system level plans be developed, roles and responsibilities agreed and inputs and outputs for each activity to be clearly defined.
In addition the role requires development and delivery of processes to de-risk the Integrated Marine and Platform System through analysis of requirements and supporting V&V events, interfaces and operational use cases, highlighting areas of risk and working with key stakeholders to agree mitigation to de-risk the Integrated Marine and Platform Systems appropriately.
- Deliver on time and to budget a package of engineering in the form of drawings, models and other technical outputs and data.
- Carry out team planning, risk management and ensure quality in line with all requirements and processes.
- Manage and report against the team's work programmes, including analysis of risk, to ensure the team delivers its accountabilities.
- Accountability for the outputs of subordinates and checking of their work.
- Carry out technical investigations, including technical research, and assess and provide recommendations regarding short and long-term consequences.
- Develop the team through the L&D and performance management process
- Experience in an engineering or a defence or related industry
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
- Demonstrable experience of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle, particularly the verification and validation phases, and their applicability in the context of Naval Ship design and delivery.
- Knowledge of requirement management and progressive assurance and acceptance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.