- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Highway Engineer
Our client are currently looking for a Principal Highways Engineer to join our Engineering Team based at either their Slough or London office.
You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects across the UK, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. They will provide you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
They are a people focused organisation. 'We care about our colleagues and part of that is to help every employee to achieve a healthy work-life balance. As standard we offer flexible working to everyone, with core hours of 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday, and the ability to work remotely when needed.'
A bit about the role:
- Project programme development and management
- Budget Control and reporting.
- Adopt best and appropriate practice for the works in hand
- Client engagement / supply chain interface
- Resource management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Effective communication
- Working across organisational boundaries
- Seek to add value on all works
- Ensure quality control
- Assist in the bidding and securing of new works
- Staff development
- Chartered or actively working towards Chartered
- Demonstrable experienced Highway Engineer in both local authority and private sector
- Wide range of skills and projects including highways, cycling and public realm
- Ability to determine appropriate solution with innovation and value
- Experience of working in London and with TFL
- Knowledge of and engagement with the civil engineering industry
- NEC3 Experience
The position comes with:
- £46,000 - £54,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Private Health Care
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Plenty of company organised social functions!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.