- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - Heathrow Expansion Programme
Matchtech are working with Highways England to find a Project Manager to work on the high profile Heathrow Expansion Programme based in Guildford.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for working across Highways England functions and with Heathrow Airport Limited (HAL) as third-party developer. HAL is the promoter, developer, funder and deliverer of the expansion programme. Highways England role is primarily that of Statutory Consultee. In addition, HE is providing guidance and advice to HAL in the development of their proposals as far as they relate to the SRN. You will add value by developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with the Divisional Director, Senior Project Manager, Highways England functional leads and other key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full mutual understanding of the projects' strategic and delivery objectives, to report on and review project performance, and to agree solutions that resolve complex issues. You will also be provided with the opportunity to oversee feasibility, design, and assessment work for proposed projects, to inform the development of business cases and investment proposals for aspects of the development that may be led or assured by Highways England. You will also contribute to commercial negotiations with HAL and associated parties on the Commuted Lump Sum.
What you'll be leading on
- Influencing HAL's thinking and emerging proposals to ensure the impact on the SRN is minimised and that HE can discharge its license obligation for the future development of the SRN.
- Management of the interfaces with HAL proposals to ensure that requirements are met, imperatives are embraced by HAL and that risks to Highways England are mitigated and managed.
- Highways England contribution to HAL's technical and other working groups ensuring that Strategy and Key deliverables produced by HAL meet Highways England PCF process, are delivered in line with HAL's schedule, are reviewed by Highways England's topic experts and, where appropriate, are endorsed by Highways England & HAL joint governance.
- Develop, update and implement project management plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes.
- Identify and evaluate emerging risks, issues, dependencies and constraints between HAL's proposals and Highways England's current and future projects escalating where appropriate. Where necessary develop, agree and implement solutions to overcome these.
- Commission and manage the performance of delivery partners and expert consultancy support as appropriate, ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clearly understood, setting clear expectations for health and safety management, time and cost; and taking appropriate remedial action where necessary in line with Highways England's role and the joint Highways England / HAL strategic objectives.
To be successful you will need
- Experience of managing teams to successful development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high-profile projects.
- Demonstrable experience in submitting proposals to project partners in order to influence the decision-making process in achieving the overall aim of the task.
- Evidence of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
- Experience of managing business and/or value management cases for new projects through company defined governance, review and approval gates.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the development of project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners or third parties.
- Commercial skills with proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money
A bit about HE
National Infrastructure Programme (NIP)
Infrastructure is the foundation upon which the economy is built. Government is focused on improving infrastructure in the UK to support the growing needs of the economy and to improve opportunities for people across the country. Our team supports this by delivering projects that will benefit people using transport networks. In NIP we represent Highways England's interests in dealing with the delivery and operational impacts of major infrastructure projects delivered by other public and private sector developers of National significance - currently the High Speed 2 and the Heathrow Airport Expansion Programmes. Additionally, NIP is charged with the development of projects of National significance. The initial focus is OxCam, A66 trans-Pennine and Manchester North West Quadrant Highways England is working with Heathrow Airport in the role of Statutory Consultee to both discharge its licence obligations and provide advice and guidance to Heathrow's Heathrow Expansion Programme.
Our role mainly involve
- Discharging the obligations of Statutory Consultee.
- Ensuring that Highways England's safety, technical, customer service, operational and maintenance requirements are incorporated into Heathrow's proposals
- Ensuring the SRN works are built to the Highways England accepted design
- Continuing engagement with the emerging proposals to ensure Heathrow's DCO submission can be supported by Highways England
- Agreement of Heathrow's contributions to the costs of the required SRN works and Highways England's costs including the M25 DBFO contract Assurance of Heathrow's works pre and during the delivery stage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.