- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
This is a long-term job opportunity at a fuel storage terminal in the West Midlands. Petrol and diesel are stored at this fuel terminal where road tankers fill up prior to delivering fuel to petrol stations. Full training will be provided.
The job of an Operations Technician includes a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Tank water draw offs / Product sampling
- Tank dipping / Tank roof drains
- Tank bund draining / Jet washing loading bays and bay filters
- Changing bay filters / Skimming of the site interceptor
- Visual tank and bund inspections / Fire extinguisher checks
- Winterisation - gritting of paths / Safety showers tests
- Monthly building water temperature tests / Fire pump checks
- Basic mechanical maintenance e.g. assisting fitters with maintenance or process drain downs
- Basic admin tasks (update seal logs, water draw off logs, contamination check sheets etc)
The key skills and attributes we are looking for include initiative, drive, energy and determination to work outdoors as part of a team providing support to storage terminal staff. This is a physically active hands-on role involving many manual tasks and the job will include some working at height.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of working safely / working to safe working practices / safe systems of work. Candidates must have good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and you must be competent in the use of standard desktop systems, e.g. Word and Outlook.
Previous experience is not necessary and full training will be provided. Candidates must live within 45 minutes commuting distance of the terminal and candidates must have a driving licence.
This job will involve working shift patterns including weekends. Full details will be provided upon application.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.