- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Production Planner - Portsmouth - 4 Months - £33.14/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
To convert customer requirements into production ready tasks, suitable for integration into a deliverable project schedule and simple to prepare and deliver. This will involve using technical knowledge to determine the hours, materials and services required for each task and coordinating the preparation of these in time for delivery, using business systems and processes in a proactive way.
- Interpret customer requirements to create suitable task list breakdown structures representing current production processes and method, to identify dependencies and carry out any required low level scheduling.
- Identify the materials, sub-contracts and services required in support of the work and
- Liaise with the supply chain function and review quotes to ensure plans contain an accurate cost and all the work scope is covered.
- Calculate the hours effort for each trade required using production process standards, parametric estimating methods and own knowledge.
- Carry out all pre-production checks to ensure that the tasks can be moved through the Ways of Working process utilising the Yellow board to enable work to progress through onto Green. To also rectify Planning issues identified on the Pink and Red boards to assist progress back through to Green.
- To help maintain cost estimating and standard job libraries by creating and enhancing standard task lists with parts information in accordance with part creation policy, taking previous feedback and performance history into account.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of ship repair production processes, methods and safe practices within one or more trade disciplines and the practical implications of product safety assurance.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings/specifications and customer requirements.
- Ability to carry out ship visits both in the UK and abroad to evaluate customer requirements in more detail.
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role.
- In depth knowledge of production processes and safety within a ship repair environment and how they are deployed.
- Awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices.
- Refit/installation/repair experience in a shipyard environment.
- Ideally hold a relevant technical qualification at ONC/HNC level or have served a ship repair apprenticeship.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.