- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principle Stress Engineer
Our world leading aerospace client that design, develop and manufacture aircraft components and equipment have an opportunity for a Principle Stress Engineer at their site in Hertfordshire.
The role is responsible for the employees and tasks undertaken by the Stress/Multiphysics Team.
- The Stress/Mulitphysics Team performs modelling, simulation and validation tasks to ensure that Electrical Machines designed and manufactured are fit for purpose and safe to fly.
- Manages some small work packages
- Working under the direction of the Stress Team Leader.
- Thermal, vibration, structural FEA analysis using Ansys Workbench
- Estimating task duration for single tasks or work packages.
- Coordination with Lead Engineers and Project / Programme Managers to stay abreast of customer needs and estimate forward demand.
- Support Stress Team Leader with reviewing the team's working practices and driving improvements to processes and procedures
- Support the Stress Team Leader with long-range planning for the team to ensure the development of team members and processes follows company strategic plans. Coach team members as required.
- Provide training and guidance on basic Stress principles in order to grow the skill throughout the Design community.
- Authoring, reviewing, and approving engineering documentation related to Stress/Multiphysics activities.
- Review requirements from other SE&P Business to help provide test support and test services.
Travel specifictity As Required
Candidate skills & requirements * Experience in an appropriate Engineering discipline (or a relevant engineering qualification)
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in an industrial environment where the design, development and manufacture of precision machines is the core business.
- A minimum of 6-8 years' experience in the analysis of high speed rotating equipment with respect to stress, thermal and vibration/rotor dynamics using FEA particularly Ansys.
- A thorough knowledge of fatigue (the causes, effects and prevention) together with the ability to predict component life against defined mission profiles.
- The ability to produce and approve competent technical reports.
- A thorough knowledge of typical aerospace materials - to include their benefits and limitations and the experience to be able to recommend a suitable material for any particular application.
- Some management experience would be beneficial (Work Package Owner/Team Leader for example)
- Awareness of current CAD tools and their capabilities would be beneficial.
- An understanding of CFD would be beneficial.
- An understanding of electrical machines, in particular related to power generation and motors would be beneficial.
- An understanding of fluid dynamics and tribology would be beneficial.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
- Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.