- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Safety Manager
Looking to build a career with longevity, flexible working, with clear progression paths?
If Safety Management is your forte, these roles at DE&S could be for you.
6 New positions have been created to become part of the Acquisition Safety and Environmental Protection (ASEP) discipline within DE&S.
These roles are responsible for providing expert advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of Acquisition Safety/Acquisition Environment requirements and solutions across Land, Maritime and Air environments.
This will include regular interaction with both internal and external stakeholders and advising customers on engineering design and development.
They involve through life management of complex project safety and environment risk management delivery in support of safe and suitable equipment, systems, and services to Front Line Commands.
You will use your Engineering skills and knowledge to understand, interpret and advise against regulations and policies and provide expert advice to Senior Stakeholders. You will have an understanding of Safety Case/Risk Management and prior experience in the defence industry would be advantageous.
Typical Key Responsibilities:
- Interpret and apply key Health & Safety and Environmental EU and UK legislation and MOD Regulations/DE&S policy at DE&S, Domain, Operating Centre and Project level.
- Specialist member of Safety Panels and Committees.
- Manage contractors who perform safety management activities on behalf of DE&S.
- Ensure appropriate standards for safety and environmental arrangements are correctly applied and delivered in contracts.
- Develop and maintain Safety / Environmental Cases and Hazard Logs, production of Safety / Environmental Case Reports and Assessments.
- Undertake System Safety Risk Assessments and Environmental Impact Analysis and develop mitigations to manage and control risks.
To really make a difference, critical thinking, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are key.
The Engineering Function meets the needs of our customers across a diverse range of Delivery Teams. These Delivery Teams are broadly aligned to the following key areas:
Air Domain (including Helicopters)
You could be working in one of a number of different teams that either procure, support, operationally enhance and keep airworthy/safe a wide range of military aircraft platforms, systems and equipment spanning Combat Air (Fast Jets, Unmanned Systems and Training aircraft), Air Support (Air Surveillance, Intelligence-gathering and Transport aircraft, synthetic training systems, air-specific role, ground and commodity equipment and military parachuting and air drop) and Helicopters (Attack, Transport, Naval and Light helicopters).
Land Domain (including ISTAR)
You could be working in one of our many teams that procure and support a wide range of armoured vehicles, weapons, missiles, electronics, surveillance and solider systems as well as the associated supporting and training equipment. These are used by all 3 services worldwide.
You could be working in one of the many teams that procure or support a wide range of warships including Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers, the Type 26 Global Combat Ship, Destroyers, Fleet Support Ships and nuclear powered Submarines. Many teams also manage the wide variety of systems and equipment integrated into these platforms.
EMAIL YOUR CV TO Gemma.Carney@gattacaplc.com quoting the advert reference number and your preferred Domain
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to:
- Support the development and maintenance of specialist Acquisition Safety and Environmental Protection and/or Sustainable Procurement artefacts.
- Conduct investigations and reviews unsupervised.
- Manage assurance activities.
- Gather and manage information that would withstand forensic scrutiny.
Given the importance of these roles we are particularly interested in those with not only a track record of stakeholder management but evidence of having the judgement and strength of character to speak up when they see something unsafe and the ability to convince people to take the actions necessary to ensure safety is maintained.
You will also have demonstrable in-depth technical experience of applying risk management techniques and provide evidence of dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
You will either have or be working towards Chartered Status. Applicants will be degree qualified in a Science/Engineering/Mathematical subject, however, extensive relevant expertise gained through industry is also acceptable.
Please note that vacancy will close on Monday 27th of May.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.