- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A leading Aerospace compnay are looking for an experianced Mechanical Engineer to join the team in Basildon
We are currently looking for a high calibre Principal Mechanical Engineer for their offices in Sigma House, Basildon, whose primary role is to design and develop new products for their portfolio. The successful candidate will perform mechanical engineering design in a professional manner, and provide technical engineering leadership, coaching and mentoring to Engineers.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software (ideally PTC Creo), including 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose.
- Set standards for mechanical engineering best practice.
- Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
- Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
- Develop and coach engineers in terms of technical knowledge and soft skills.
- Contribute to and conduct peer reviews.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools (ideally PTC Creo).
- Provide technical direction on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
- Lead/ provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
- Mentor design engineers with on-the-job coaching.
- Support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
- Champion improvements in product manufacturability through effective relationship building and design guidance.
- Build effective cross functional relationships within local site, across business.
- Support mechanical management team in process and departmental improvement and development activities.
- Confident in their subject and decisive with ideas and recommendations.
- Supportive mentor - provide technical guidance/ recommendations to problems/ projects and individuals.
- Respectful of others with a high degree of personal integrity.
- Effective listener - understand others points of view.
- Challenge ideas, proposed solutions and people in a constructive, positive manner.
- Keen to develop others.
- Business focussed - "best" technical solution not always most appropriate for business.
- Effective decision maker who can effectively demonstrate empowerment and delegation.
- Cost and schedule conscious.
- Tenacious - maintains focus on the 'end goal'.
- Acts in the greater good of the business and others.
- Ability to make effective trade-offs - cost, quality and schedule.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.