- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
The Transport Planning team in Birmingham are currently looking to hire a Transport Planner to contribute to the technical excellence of the team whilst working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects..
The company has both the experience and technical understanding in transportation planning to create innovative solutions for efficient and effective multi-modal transport systems and networks.
The team regularly works closely with our Highways / Infrastructure team on larger multi-disciplinary development proposals and as such previous exposure to highway/ traffic engineering would be ideal.
The successful candidate report in to the Director and provide leadership to junior staff whilst providing assistance with the production of technical studies and drawings within the Transport Planning function.
Roles and responsiblities:
* Transport Assessments/ Statements.
* Travel Plans and Construction Traffic Management Plans.
* Environmental Statements.
* Commissioning Transport Surveys.
* Preparation of access design concepts.
* Preparation of minor highway improvements.
* Knowledge or awareness of analytical software programs such as JUNCTIONS, LinSig and the TRICS database.
* Developing preliminary site access design solutions.
* Auto CAD program knowledge.
* Knowledge of GIS software.
* Knowledge of DMRB and Manual for Streets.
* Assistance in preparation of reports and calculations.
* Take the technical lead on smaller projects.
* Manage elements of projects as appropriate.
* Provide unsupervised technical input to larger projects.
* Provide qualitative analysis of data for projects.
* Prepare Technical Notes.`
* Auto CAD program knowledge.
* Undertaking surveys, and research for projects.
* Awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to assist in ensuring that these are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
* Developing innovative solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
* Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK
* Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
* Be proactive in managing your own time.
* Being commercially aware in producing work.
* Being a good team player to contributing to a dynamic group.
* Working proactively in producing technical work and / or qualitative analysis with some direction from project managers.
* Developing a good ability in the use of analytical software packages.
* Understanding the principles of transport planning and being able to articulate these by preparing reports.
* Identify where work is outside of scope and highlight to your line manager opportunities for additional work.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.