- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Building Services Engineer
My local authority client based in Shropshire are looking for an experienced Building Services Engineer with Electrial bias to start on a contract basis ASAP. For more information call Adam @ Matchtech 01489 898881.
- The postholder will produce designs and specifications and supervise contracts for electrical and mechanical building services in new build, refurbishment, and maintenance projects.
- Giving wide ranging advice and managing, leading and coordinating the delivery, procurement, monitoring of electrical building services projects and programmes.
- Develop from inception to completion design solutions for mechanical and electrical services (including CCTV) for a wide range of new building, refurbishment and maintenance projects. This will include being part of a multi disciplinary team on larger projects, as well as being the project manager for electrical projects. The role will include:
- Analysing the needs of the client and developing the brief
- Undertaking site appraisals and advising on sustainable design solutions
- Preparing initial cost estimates for building services projects and working in conjunction with the QS where required.
- Preparing tender documents including Autocad and ArchiCad drawings and detailed specifications
- Evaluating tenders and preparing reports and recommendations for the client
- Administering the terms of the building contract, overseeing work on site and certifying stage payments
- On completion ensuring commissioning is undertaken and client / building user is familiar with operation of plant and equipment
- Monitoring new facility in operation and providing feedback on performance of the design
- Procure and manage consultants (external and in-house), lead and project manage capital and revenue projects and programmes of work from inception to completion including on site Clerk of Works duties, ensuring that the works aline with the Councils property management strategies.
- Undertaking condition surveys of mechanical and electrical equipment and installations in Council and privately owned buildings. Advising on repair & maintenance requirement either as an emergency repair, regular service contract or longer term planned maintenance item. Preparing cost plans and programmes for the work.
- Advising on design, maintenance, and operation of electrical installations with respect to health & safety legislation being conversant with the requirements of the latest edition of the Health & Safety at Work Act, Electricity at Work Regulations, IET Regulations and CIBSE codes. A thorough understanding of CDM Regulations is also required.
- Preparation of specifications for the annual and cyclical electrical service contracts for the Council's building portfolio and private sector clients which includes schools, offices, retail units, leisure and community buildings. This will include monitoring of contractors performance on site to ensure that a high standard of service is being provided to customers.
- Providing advice and guidance to clients both private sector and Council on M&E installations and contractural matters - particularly as part of the repair & maintenance service.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.