- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Design Engineer- Waste Infrastructure
Matchtech are currently working with one of the largest regulated water companies and have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Civil Design Engineer to join their team in Derby.
Our Clients Capital Delivery business are fundamentally changing how they work within AMP7, they are bringing their Design Capability back in house.
They are now looking to recruit a Senior Civil Design Engineer to join their new Technical Design hubs in Derby.
As a Senior Design Engineer within the Civil engineering area you will be part of a team working on a wide ranging project portfolio in the Waste Infrastructure area.
You will be part of a team creating Civil design & Specifications including consideration of Health and safety, pumping systems, materials handling, rotating machinery, hydraulics, environment, buildability, commissioning, operations and maintenance, hazops and more. You will be joining a team which is part of a 6 billion pound programme over the next AMP (AMP7).
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Engage with multiple stakeholders (internal / external) to understand the root cause of the business problem
* Agree design assessment and design completion milestones with Project Manager
* Support the Project Manager to define the right contractual outputs to ensure a successful delivery
* Ensure that data is collected and validated to define the problem
* High level appraisal and feasibility of conceptual designs to create innovative and efficient TOTEX solutions which resolve the business problem (liaising with appropriate internal and external experts, ensuring design standards and assurance processes are followed)
* Undertake early pro-active risk management and ensuring risk registers are owned and maintained throughout the design feasibility and design process'
* Undertake the role of Principle Designer (discharge duties as a client in accordance with CDM regs)
* Ensure Health and Safety are built into the lifecycle of the design
* Understand and review potential delivery and operational risks e.g.; H&S, environmental, commissioning
* Contribute to the early development of commissioning plans
* Determine the appropriate solution (and costing, liaising with commercial) providing input to relevant papers and governance forums
* Approve designs (from internal or external designers) Ensure the delivery of appropriate designs and specifications to document the solution for subsequent delivery
* Ensuring that third party designs are constructively reviewed and validated to meet the requirements of the solution
* Ensuring that appropriate support is provided to the programme team so that the solution is delivered (and commissioned) to the agreed, contracted design specification
* Ensure the delivered solution is reviewed, benefit appraised and learnings are captured and shared with appropriate design standard bodies (and learnings embedded)
* Coach and develop the team to build capability
* Significant Civil Design experience
* Water sector experience or similar (Petrochem / Pharmaceutical / Food / Aerospace / Power)
* Sewerage design experience (desirable)
* Experience of undertaking the role of Principle Designer
* Extensive experience of providing designs and specifications for commercial negotiations
* Proven innovation of design to assist with the development of innovative solutions in the delivery of water and waste water treatment projects.
* Experience of working to standards, codes and practices
* Evidence of coaching skills and building capability within the Design team
* Extensive experience of implementing CDM regulations in design process
* Extensive experience of working closely with supply chain in delivering projects (with emphasis on adherence to CDM design specification, H&S, outputs, and quality).
* Demonstrated experience of the considerations given to risk management in construction and ops design.
* Extensive Experience of influencing a disparate set of stakeholders to deliver design objectives.
* Chartered Engineer (or equivalent experience)
* Full UK driving license.
* Desirable: Full Membership status (or close to) of an appropriate professional body (IMech E).
* Competitive salary
* Annual Performance Bonus
* 2 for 1 Pension contribution
* 28 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
* Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.