- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a major first tier supplier to the automotive industry, require an experienced production engineer to take on a permanent position at their midlands technical center in Leamington Spa.
- Primary role within the team is to define the manufacturing process, estimate machining times of components, support the realisation of the quoted times and look for further opportunities to reduce cost
- Additional roles will require trouble shooting of manufacturing issues to support customer quality requirements and delivery dates
- Performance metrics will be the reduction of manufacturing times from 'today' and the realisation of actual vs estimated times
- Estimate manufacturing process and machining times to achieve the design specification, ensuring the most cost-effective approach
- Develop and implement, through a hands-on approach, manufacturing processes to efficiently machine components, continually looking to reduce the costs
- Specification/design of tooling, fixturing and equipment to support manufacturing processes, including its procurement, commissioning and implementation
- Provide cutting data to ensure optimum performance and realisation of estimated times
- Support all team members to ensure the realisation of the quoted manufacturing times
- Work with the production and engineering teams to reduce the 'Cost of Poor Quality'
- Liaison with the design authority to ensure correct understanding of intent and process requirements
- Support shop floor with issue resolution
- Create routings for new/up issued parts
- Have a proven background working in a machine shop with extensive knowledge of tools, equipment and processes for milling and turning
- Hands on approach to problem solving and cost reduction
- Working in a formal Quality framework.
- Continuous Improvement drive
- Good PC skills and Business System experience
- Experience of working in a production environment for a precision, low volume customer base
- Automotive or similar industry experience
- Gear form manufacturing knowledge/experience
- Heat Treatment knowledge/experience
- 5 axis CAD/CAM programming experience
- Team player with "can do" attitude
- Able to work and communicate effectively across different technical disciplines
- Self determination and confidence to challenge the norm and deliver on objectives
- Logical Problem-Solving mindset
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.