- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highway Engineer
This is a great new opportunity with one of the UK's leading consultants, looking for an experienced Civil / Highway Engineer to join their team in Peterborough and work on a wide range of projects.
Our client is looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to support the engineering design team based in their Peterborough design office. Reporting to a Principal Engineer you will be working as part of a small team of Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Technicians.
You will play an important role in the delivery of a wide variety of highway schemes from the design of major road schemes through to junction improvements, cycleway and traffic calming schemes. This role also offers a challenging and unusual opportunity to work as part of an integrated design and operational team.
- Oversee and manage highway designs prepared by engineers and technicians
- Prepare, check and review engineering output including technical reports
- Provide technical leadership to the teams
- Mentor less experienced staff
We're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years' experience from a highways infrastructure engineering environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
- Evidence of managing design teams to achieve client time, cost and quality expectations.
- Skills using software such as AutoCAD Civils 3D/Bentley MX Roads and WinDES Microdrainage
- A relevant degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
Our client's infrastructure team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country, and strive to form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, HS2 and the M25 widening.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.