- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Southern Water is looking for a Capability Manager to join their team on a permanent basis from there Durrington offices in Worthing.
Southern Water is looking for a Capability Manager to plan and manage the development of Operational Services capabilities, skills and competencies (Technical Planning & Scheduling, Control Center, Operational Resilience & Response & Water Production Management).
This is to ensure all in role are on boarded sufficiently and up to date on all technical training needed to fulfil their roles successfully.
The Capability Manager will manage a capability development plan, including required training needed across all roles in the Operational Services team and prioritisation of workload against this.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced manager with a track record in project management and coaching, with strong grounding in Operations/Operations Management.
Major accountabilities of role
Work with the Ops Services Management team and HR to identify learning opportunities and needs to feed into the plan 25%
Work closely with the Operational Excellence team managers to understand and feed in opportunities for broader continuous improvement in ways of working and capability development for Operational Services 10%
Line Management and development of Ops Services Capability Leads 10%
Line management of Management Team Coordinators 5% Experience and capability requirements Knowledge/experience:
* Experienced manager with a track record in project management and training delivery
* Strong grounding in Operations/Operations Management
* Team management
* Experience in training needs analysis, training design and development and training delivery is essential for this role. * Proven experience in ability to design and deliver engaging training content for groups Capability:
* Strong team leader, and engagement manager
* Ability to assess organisational capability and readiness for change * Ability to establish peer relations - at all levels
* Problem-solving and path-finding
* Coaching skills
* Builds trust and teamwork
* Strong prioritisation and expectation management skills
You will need to be a strong leader with proven experience in the ability to design and deliver engaging content for groups.
Why work for Southern Water? Our engineers, scientists, technicians, customer and corporate service team's work together to provide water and wastewater services to more than 4.6 million people across the South East. Working for us, you will:
* Receive a competitive package including pension and 25 days annual leave
* Play a vital role in your community
* Help to safeguard our natural resources for future generations
* Live and work in a region that includes more than 800km of pristine coastline
* Benefit from a programme of formal training
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months). If you do not meet these criteria's your application will not be considered.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.