- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Airworthiness
I am currently looking for a Head of Airworthiness to work for a Part 21 DOA based in Bristol.
The HoA advises all departments of the design organisation in all questions regarding airworthiness, environmental protection, operational suitability data and certification. You obtain and distribute applicable CS/FAR and environmental protection requirements and other specifications and interpret these. You are the liaison between the design organisation and the Agency about Type Investigation and the type certification process. The HoA reports directly to the Head of Design Organisation (HDO) whereas all Compliance Verification Engineers (CVE) and Airworthiness Engineers of (internal and external) report to him. The Head of Airworthiness is there to ensure that the certification and the continued airworthiness of designs are established within the applicable airworthiness regulations, he is an EASA Form 4 function.
It is desirable that candidates are sufficiently experienced with an appropriate sound engineering background coupled with appropriate aeronautical qualifications.
Main tasks involve:
* Preparation of the Certification Programme and co-ordination of all tasks related to Type Investigation in concurrence with the Agency;
* Approving the classification of changes;
* Ensuring that all test programmes and compliance documents are prepared as necessary to show compliance with all CS/FAR, OSD and environmental protection requirements, as well as for completeness, and signing for release of the documents;
* Monitoring of significant events on other aeronautical products as far as relevant to determine their effect on airworthiness of products being designed by the Design Organisation;
* Ensuring cooperation in preparing Service Bulletins with special attention for airworthiness, environmental protection and granting the approval on behalf of the Agency;
* Ensuring the initiation of activities as a response to failure (accident/ incident/in-service experience) evaluation and complaints from the operation and providing of information to the Agency in case of airworthiness impairment (continuing airworthiness);
* Ensuring that the Design Assurance System (Handbook, Procedures) approved by the Agency, including any subsequent revisions meet the respective requirements, and that they are provided to the Agency for approval;
* Input and support Business Development activities.
* Senior advisor for design within the Company.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
* A Master's Degree in Aeronautical Engineering, or a Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautical Engineering and a proven experience as Head of Airworthiness;
* A minimum of 5 years' continuous experience within an aircraft design organisation preferably in an Airworthiness role as well as demonstrated experience in a Maintenance or Airworthiness management role;
* Management skills;
* Be proficient in the use of technical records, aircraft manuals;
* In depth knowledge of of the relevant Part 21 requirements and company procedures is expected;
* In depth knowledge of the Design Procedures, especially the procedures relevant to the classification, compliance demonstration, certification and continued airworthiness process;
* In depth knowledge of the relevant certification specification;
* Comprehensive understanding of Part M & Part 145 and other EASA regulations.
* Conversant with qualification standard: DO- 160, DO-178.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.