- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
To create and maintain detailed project schedules for assigned projects by interpreting the business case, technical documentation, cost estimates, for the purpose of providing NATS with accurate business forecasts
Support the Programme and Project Managers by providing accurate and timely management information to enable successful delivery of project outcomes. This would include Project Schedules, Status reports, Critical Path, 'what if' analysis.
Assist Senior Project Planner with coaching and mentoring of Trainee Planners.
- Accountable to the Project Manager for accurate and timely creation and development of a deliverable project schedule and associated costs that capture all the work required to achieve the project's objectives within the project's Business Case to the correct timescales and to budget.
- Accountable for the collection, correlation and evaluation of project progress data from Work Package Managers to ensure that project progress can be measured against the project schedule baseline.
- Accountable for the analysis of project performance and Critical Path, reporting status and potential problems to the project manager. Attend reviews and meetings to support the Project Managers, providing data and reports to give visibility of project status and performance.
- Accountable to the Project Manager for accurate and timely progress reporting in line with the latest published reporting calendar throughout the project lifecycle.
- Accountable for the planning, creation and maintenance of the Project schedules in conjunction with the Schedule Generation and Maintenance process.
- Report accurately on project finance working closely with project/management accountant to analyse project spend and budget whilst tracking spend against Approved WP Documents.
- Responsible for the design and creation of a Work Breakdown Structure that meets the technical requirements of the project.
- Highlight ideas & opportunities to reduce project out turn cost & work to secure savings.
- Accountable for continuous improvement of planning in NATS.
- Chair formal progress review meetings to discuss and challenge individual work with WPMs as necessary.
- Educate project team in project methods, processed and timescales to ensure consistency, continuity and completeness.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
- Experience of project planning in Microsoft Project, SAP or other recognised planning tool.
- Knowledge of the project environment or ATC / technical background.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential to be able to work effectively with staff at most levels.
- Effective communication skills both verbal & written, including report writing.
- Working towards a recognised Project Professional qualification.
- In-depth understanding of principles of Activity Management.
- An understanding of associated procedures such as: Risk Management, project finance, Earned Value, Critical Path Analysis and settlement to fixed assets.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.