- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client part of the multi-national organisation and a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters have an opportunity for a Stress Analyst to join their UK team based at thier Yeovil site in the South West of England.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Rotors Systems Design and Development (Rotors D&D) are responsible for the detailed design and structural integrity of blades, hubs and rotating controls across the whole range of helicopter and tilt-rotor platforms using both metallic and composite materials.
Rotors D&D is a cross-geographical team located in two main sites in the UK and Italy.
We are looking for a talented Analyst Engineer to join our department based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As an analyst you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of activities including;
- The generation of static and fatigue analysis & qualification data for new aircraft types.
- Support a wide range of testing including static, fatigue, bird strike and lightning tests.
- Be directly involved in conceptual blade and hub designs.
- Provide support for the fleet of in-service aircraft by undertaking the necessary analytical evaluations of product improvements, repair solutions and in-service technical queries.
- Work closely with the rotor designers and manufacturing organisations to develop and test high quality and cost effective products and repairs.
This exciting position will allow you to work with a broad spectrum of engineering and manufacturing disciplines and enable you to enhance your technical skills. As a significant proportion of Rotor components are manufactured on site there are many opportunities to be involved directly with the manufacturing organisation. Providing support to flight operations creates opportunities to work alongside the aircraft.
- Static and fatigue stress analysis of metallic and composite dynamic components and the production of reports.
- Development of test proposals, support to testing and analysis / reporting of test results.
- Finite Element modelling and analysis.
- Make efficiency improvements to analytical processes
- Produce certification data (in accordance with customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with Project Engineering and Customer Support functions to address in-service technical queries and report progress on a range of initiatives / aircraft programs.
- Provide production and repair support to the manufacturing plants.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree in a relevant subject (eg. Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent)
Experience in the following is an advantage but training can be provided.
- Knowledge and proven experience of stress analysis (classical hand calculations) and the production of analytical reports.
- Knowledge of FE software including Abaqus and Hypermesh an advantage
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of an integrated team are required.
- Ability to progress and co-ordinate a wide range of tasks at any given time.
- Experience of the relevant airworthiness regulations related to rotor design and structural integrity.
- Knowledge of programming languages is desirable but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.