- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Submarine Naval Architect
Based in the heart of a beautiful Cotswold town, our Client are a fast-growing leading consultancy specialising in Naval Architecture and Marine engineering. They have a proven track record of winning exciting defence projects for the MOD.
The suitable individual will integrate as part of a team, working on a number of interesting and challenging projects, across the UK and overseas. They work very closely with Clients as a partnership to ensure their expectations are met.
The services they provide include:
- Concept design
- Whole-ship / whole-boat design
- Concept design using the most up to date block building methods
- Design analysis which includes resistance, propulsion integration and optimisation
- Innovative engineering based design
- Design assurance & due diligance
- Stability management, which includes:
- Modelling and model preparation / assurance
- Conducting and analysing inclining experiements globally (this business are only one of two recognised organisations permitted to oversee inclining experiments on behalf of the UK MOD)
- SIB creation
- Stability training and support
- Strucural analysis including FEA
- Emergency response / escape & evacuation planning
- Re-design of existing platforms
- Design assurance through analysis and assessment of designs and proposals for improvements
- Due diligence for new owners
As a Senior or Principal Naval Architect, you will be expected to have:
- Degree in Naval Architecture or ship Science with proven post-graduate relevant experience
- RINA membership and achieved Chartered Engineer status
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working on submarines
- Experience of using Paramarine to a good standard & demonstrate good skills with tools such as Seasafe, Strand 7, AutoCAD Inventor and Rhino. Training will be provided but prior experience is a preference
- Confidence at working without direct supervision and on own initiative
- Current UK security clearance or be capable of being granted this
For more information or to apply, please contact Louise.Lees@matchtech.com or call 01489 898136
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.