- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a Programme Manager at their facility in Cwmbran, Monmouthshire.
- To ensure the successful delivery of Projects to meet design criterion, Customer expectations and the Company's business objectives.
- To fully support the continuous design and development phase of a programme ensuring it is executed on time and on budget
- Interface with the Customer's Programme, Engineering, Quality and Procurement teams, for all aspects of Project Management
- Develop effective working relationships with customers as well as within the business.
- Full involvement in the tendering process, as well as managing the development and implementation of a coherent plan to deliver a design based Programme.
- Facilitate customer reviews and provide regular rolling reports on cost, scope, risk mitigation, schedule performance.
- Set-up comprehensive and structured Gateway reviews and drive product cost and timing quotation inputs, including product change costing and tracking and undertake negotiations to secure additional revenue and margin where appropriate.
- Communicate clear strategies, targets and timelines in managing performance and delivering key business goals.
- Develop excellent relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of programme management in an aerospace or similarly highly engineered product environment, both customer and internal facing
- Commercially astute with a proven track record of delivering complex and high value programmes, on time, and on budget.
- Experience of New Product Introduction and phased gateways.
- Demonstrable experience of setting and managing programme budgets
- Demonstrable experience of risk management and mitigation planning
Skills, Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Exceptional business and commercial awareness
- Polished and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Confident, with the ability to work and liaise within the industry
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, support and motivate others to perform beyond their own level of expectation
- Solid organization skills with the ability to plan and consistently achieve challenging deadlines
- Tenacious, determined and motivated by achievement of targets
- Ability to work under pressure with challenging timescales in a fast paced environment
- Champions a continuous improvement mindset
- Ambitious, resourceful and driven to succeed
- Competent user of MS Office packages, including MS Excel and Project
- UK Driving licence holder
- Prince 2, MSP, PMP, APM / PMI qualified
- Experience of working within a matrix management structure
- Experience of managing design based projects
- Experience of Earned Value Management
- Managing and maintaining programme KPI dashboards
- Experience of full product life cycle - "Cradle To Grave"
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.