- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Matchtech are currently working with an global engineering consultancy and have an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join their team in Basingstoke.
A typical Week would include:
* Delivery of projects ensuring the maintenance and enhancement of our clients reputation with its clients (both internal and external to the organisation).
* Design and design management of selected multi or single disciplinary projects. The role holder must take a proactive and 'hands on' approach to all aspects of the role.
* Developing designs at various stages and scales from initial optioneering and feasibility to detailed design and construction, with projects ranging in fees from £5,000 to £multi-million regeneration projects.
The candidate will be involved in general civil engineering design with emphasis on the following:
* The design and design management of a range of flood alleviation schemes looking at the management of surface water, ground water and fluvial flood risk;
* The design of water supply and drainage infrastructure; and
* The design and design management of scour and erosion protection measures.
The role will also include:
* Visual condition inspection of flood defence and river wall structures
* Liaison and management of other specialisms (e.g. geotech, contaminated land, ecology, hydraulic modelling and our Complementary Resource Centre (CRC) based in India)
* Checking / approval of design packages
* Development of strategic bids / input to multi-disciplinary bids
* Mentoring junior staff
* Improving their capabilities in Design and Build water projects
* Maintaining and developing their relationships with their Private and Local Authority clients to expand the breadth and volume of services we provide.
The role will be a mix public and private sector work and therefore the flexibility to respond to any appropriate opportunities that may present themselves or that your personal contacts may lead to is essential.
The focus will be design, design management and leading quality of design from the wider team. Competence in commercial project management is essential to monitor budgets and programme but Project Management is not a significant requirement of the role.
Excellent technical skill and knowledge to deliver engineering solutions including:
- Design of flood defences
- Design of flood defences
- Design of water retaining structures
- Design of scour and erosion protection works
- Design of drainage
- Preparation of specifications and contract documents for the above
- Feasibility and constructability
- Affordability / outline cost estimates
- Hydraulic modelling processes
- Practical experience of Design and Build; and approval's processes.
* BEng / BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with solid post graduate experience;
* Chartered or Incorporated Member of associated Professional body;
* Comprehensive experience of technical design and associated discipline software (AutoCAD, Civils 3D etc);
* Experience and proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary design teams; and
* Experience of MS Office Suite of Programmes.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, our client offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme - so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.