- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Works Coordination Officer
The post holder sets or approves proposed conditions on permits for works on the TLRN, in order to reduce disruption to network operation.
- Review permitting applications and conditions and issue permits
- Carry out assessments of the nature, location, timing and duration of works and other activities and events affecting the TLRN, identifying potential for interaction and conflict
- Undertake effective and timely day-to-day liaison and information exchange with all promoters of works, including other departments, utilities and other highway authorities in order to ensure works impacts are understood and effectively managed
- Negotiate with, and if necessary instruct, promoters of works to reschedule works in order to prevent work conflicts
- Decide on appropriate use of statutory controls for minimising disruption, in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA), including directions for controlling works timing, challenges of works durations and assignment of specific conditions to permits
- Proactively seek out opportunities for coordination success, such as shared traffic management, trench sharing and other opportunities for collaborative working
- Liaise closely across Network Management and externally with other street authorities, to ensure informed and effective coordination of all works having cross-boundary impacts
- Be responsible for monitoring day-to-day works promoter compliance and performance, identifying and resolving non-compliances and performance issues and reporting on significant or ongoing issues to the Area Coordination & Permitting Manager
- Apply a consistent approach to the control of all works on the network.
- Ensure that works proposals and permit applications for works are assessed and responded to within the timescales required by the TMA, NRSWA and London Permit Scheme
- Carry out timely communication and liaison with partner groups, including London Buses, Control Centre Operations, the police and other highway authorities to minimise inconvenience to all road users
The post holder works closely with staff across Network Management, particularly with managers, other coordinators and with inspectors; daily contact with staff across works promoting organisations; daily liaison and communications with internal and external stakeholders and partner groups including London Buses, Control Centre Operations, the police and other highway authorities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.