- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Ship Physical Security Specialist
Our leading global shipbuilding Client are building the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy. Based in beautiful Halifax, Canada, the team are looking for a Physical Security Specialist to join the team.
Suitable candidates should have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Serve as the Program Point of Contact relating to the physical security portion of the Cyber and Security Management Plan
- Implementation of system security management processes in accordance with Systems Security Engineering standards. Applicable areas include subcontractor's design facility, supply chain and delivered materials/equipment, and integration facilities.
- Identify security controls required to achieve a Security Risk managed environment and conduct post-implementation assessments/audits to ensure compliance.
- Assess the planned incorporation of physical security measures within the shipbuilding infrastructure facilities as well as the ship's design.
- Work as an IPT member to provide advice and guidance relative to the supply chain security activities as a component part of the Supply Chain Vulnerability Management Report.
- Be Subject Matter Expert for infrastructure and shipboard vulnerability threat assessment.
- Have a working knowledge of the baseline security requirements within the Industrial Security Manual relative to the safeguarding of information; also understand and implement the requirements specified in the Operational Security Standard, the Subcontract Security Requirements Checklist, and IT Security Risk Management Framework (ITSG-33) as related to physical security.
- Provide oversight of the Subcontractor's adherence to the above standards, plans, and checklists and generate detailed reports/briefs to upper level management.
- Previous experience as a Physical Security Specialist specifically in a shipbuilding/large defense acquisition project.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.