- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Transport Planner
Our client is a is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering consultancy, who work closely with clients to deliver innovative and cost effective solutions.
The teams work across a number of sectors including residential/commercial development, local authority and oil/chemical storage.
They are currently looking for a Principal Transport Planner to join their North Kent based office.
* Provide day to day project management.
* Responsible for a number of project/client accounts at any given time.
* The delivery of planning documents including Transport Statements, Assessments, Travel Plans, Construction Traffic Management Plans, leading to outline and detailed planning applications.
* Contribute to all types of transport planning and multi-disciplinary projects across all sectors and clients.
* Provide guidance and support to junior members of the team.
* Client and design team liaison, preparation of fee proposals,
financial control of projects when acting as a project manager and undertaking business development.
* Responsibility for budget management, programme delivery and technical standards, and meeting QA, CDM and HSE requirements.
* Good working knowledge of software including PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG, TRICS and Tempro. AutoCAD and AutoTrack desirable but not essential.
* Word & Excel. Proficient in report writing and the use of spreadsheets.
Their team of Transport planners work closely with clients and highway and planning authorities to ensure sustainable and policy-compliant development in transport terms.
Initial advice on the feasibility of a development in transport terms, including options for achieving access;
Design of site access, internal layout arrangements, highway masterplanning, car and cycle parking provision, servicing and vehicle swept path assessments;
Advice on the implications of national and local policy on transport and land use planning relating to new developments, including making representations on behalf of Clients at the consultation stage as new guidance is formulated;
Preparation of Transport Assessments and Statements to support planning applications in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework, including consideration of traffic impact, junction capacity analysis and design of off-site highway improvements;
Preparation of Travel Plans to promote use of sustainable modes of transport to/from the site;
Negotiations of Section 106 and 278 Agreements, including the level of financial contributions required for transport-related measures;
Provision of expert witnesses to prepare and give evidence at Examinations in Public, Planning Appeal Hearings and Public Inquiries.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.