- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Building Services Manager
The ideal candidate will be an excellent people manager, qualified surveyor who can review work arrangements and processes in detail. Managing circa 40 staff across the Design Services, Building Works, Capital Projects & Facilities teams.
Manage, coordinate and control the work of Design, Building Works, Home Improvement and Facilities. Provision of a professional building surveying, architectural design, contract management and building services to the Council and external clients. Provision of Facilities Management services including the staff restaurant.
- Lead, organise, prioritise and manage the Design, Building Works, Home Improvement and Facilities Management teams.
- Lead in the provision of a professional consultancy service including the following disciplines; architectural, building surveying, contract and project management, building services; for both internal and external clients
- Lead and project management activities
- Prepare design solutions that utilise best practice, materials and concepts that achieve efficient, sustainable and cost effective solutions
- Allocate resources to the teams to ensure that programmes of work are delivered on time, to budget and to the required specification
- Develop project briefs, designs, specifications, prepare contract documents, procure and supervise and project manage building related projects
- Programme projects to ensure completion within budget and to meet programme targets
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times in relation to the delivery of building projects and services
- Ensure compliance with the Council's Standing Orders and Financial Procedure rules in relation to building projects
- Responsible for Health and Safety is relation to the Council's buildings in relation to operational users, e.g. Legionella, Asbestos
- Provision of a staff restaurant, or an alternative food and beverage service for staff, that requires no budget subsidy (both direct and indirect costs)
- Provision of Facilities Management functions at the Council's operational buildings.
- Manage and develop the Council's branded economic development sites including i-Lab, i-Kan and i-Create and to lead successful delivery of the externally funded i-Worx engineering focused industrial unit development;
- To contribute to Emergency Planning and Business Continuity within the Council which will include undertaking activities and responding to incidents as required.
- Establishment of project teams, work-streams, budgets, milestones, risks and outcomes in the management of programmes and projects
- Decide upon action to be taken when performance targets are not going to be met
- Determine the most cost efficient and cost effective solution in the design, specification and procurement of Building projects
- Prepare Risk Assessments and resolve issues to ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and Health and Safety Regulations
- Approve interim payments consistent with work undertaken and properly measured as such
- Use professional judgement in relation Legislative and Technical Standards
- Resolution of disputes with Contractors
- Develop the i-Brand including the delivery of new business and innovation centres and networks
Circa 40 staff
R&R Programme c. £2M
Maintenance of Assets c. £330M
Capital Projects c. £4M
Home Improvement c. £1.4M
Staff budgets for all areas within Building Services
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.