- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Controls Engineer
My client, a marine defence company, is looking for a Electrical Controls Engineer to join their team.
To undertake the specification, design and configuration of equipment for shipboard and land-based systems, ensuring that contract and project requirements are satisfied.
It is anticipated that you will have been an Engineering apprentice or graduate engineer and have at least 3-5 years experience in the simulation or defence Industry. Relevant experience in other industries will also be acceptable.
* To provide a professional focus for all aspects of Equipment Engineering across a number of projects for on naval, training and commercial projects.
* Provide and maintain Subject Matter Expertise in Equipment Engineering and provide credible Technical Representation for the company when dealing with customers and suppliers.
* Review customer requirements and standards applicable to a system to decompose and derive equipment specifications to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement.
* Develop and review programmes for certification, qualification or type approval of equipment ready to be deployed as part of our systems solutions, identifying and managing technical issues and risks.
* Assist in equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
* Produce and maintain technical/equipment specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence.
* Develop electrical and mechanical designs, producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
* Be able to assess and advise equipment and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
* Produce and maintain ownership of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc
* Justify specification, design and product selection for equipment, through analysis reports and trade-off studies
* Be able specify, design and review electrical and electronic circuits to meet EMC, Availability, Maintainability and Safety and verify compliance
* Be capable of CAD drawing equipment and panel designs (preferably AutoCAD), producing general arrangements, assembly, schematic, wiring drawings and supporting documentation.
* Produce functional test procedures and support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
* To review and improve the company equipment design lifecycle processes in conjunction with the Equipment Engineering Manager.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
* HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
* 5-7 years minimum experience in an engineering design / simulation environment.
* Good planning, communications, writing, organisational and co-ordination skills.
* Experience in specification, design and procurement of electronics, hardware assemblies, and computer equipment.
* Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and defence projects.
* Good understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Commercial Installations.
* Knowledge of environmental standards and certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations. Familiarity of EMC design priciples and requirements for Military / Commercial installations (including DEF STAN 59-411) desirable.
* Computer Aided Design (CAD) capable for both mechanical and electrical designs.
* Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.