- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Construction Impacts Monitoring Officer
My client requires an Officer to monitor the council's Code of Construction Practice on development sites dealing with specific issues arising from construction activity through liaison with developers, contractors, officers and the public.
- To include the carrying out inspections to establish noise nuisance and advise and work with complainants, businesses, consultants and other Council departments on the most appropriate action to take.
- Investigate complaints of noise and undertake enforcement action as deemed appropriate, with particular reference to construction activity.
- Assist in undertaking noise surveys.
- Ideally experience of dealing with noise complaints and carrying out investigations and enforcement work in an Environmental Health field and be deemed competent by assessment of knowledge and ability.
- To liaise with acoustic consultants and other professionals, giving advice on standards and methods for noise monitoring and to assess their proposals and ensure satisfactory implementation.
- To carry out noise monitoring to assess nuisance or potential nuisance and to analyse results.
- To assist with the development of policies and procedures on noise issues, including writing procedure notes and participate in the development, presentation and delivery of training.
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Produce letters, reports, and notices and keep records.
- Participate in the operation of the Service.
- Investigate complaints and take appropriate action.
- Undertake project work.
- Undertake enforcement action to include service of notices, preparation of evidence and prosecution, to level determined by competence. Attend Court hearings to give evidence.
- Liaise with the Public, Council services and other bodies and participate in Working Groups as required.
- Liaise with relevant officers in Planning as s106 agreements are being negotiated and drafted for major development sites
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.