- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Contract Manufacturing Engineer required with FMCG experience and knowledge
Our client is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer to support current projects at their fast paced manufacturing/packaging facility near Portsmouth
The role will encompass duties including
* Supporting the introduction of new, transferred and revised products into the manufacturing operations within the plant.
* Reviewing all new product codes for Brands under their responsibility, coordinating with US developers, Project Engineering, Quality Assurance, Industrial Engineering and Planning, to ensure their successful launch.
Participating in the collective departmental aim of introducing products on a timely basis, in accordance with cost, efficiency and quality objectives.
* Working with packaging developers regarding design for manufacture, ensuring that the primary and secondary packaging is as automatable as possible on Whitman UK production lines.
* Carrying out risk assessment for key new products, including the use of tools such as FMEA.
* Monitoring project progress and provide regular updates with local and North American support departments.
* Assigning the production of new products to the most appropriate production equipment in conjunction with Project Engineering,
* Specifying requirements for new change parts and /or equipment modifications.
* Managing line trials to prove the compatibility of packages and capability of equipment. This will require the coordination of components, communication of requirements and reporting of results.
* Providing support to Assembly Operations including advising on equipment set-up and component function, reviewing the impact of any changes proposed.
* Acting as a liaison between Plant operations and other departments inc. Packaging, Marketing, Design, R&D, QA and suppliers ensuring package / product specifications are within manufacturing capabilities.
* Generating and developing saving initiatives, investigating their feasibility and facilitate and drive the implementation of justifiable improvements.
* Identifying and progress improvement opportunities, through analysis of historic product performance data within the plant.
Suitable candidates will have worked as a Manufacturing Engineer within an FMCG environment previously and will have a minimum of an HND, preferably Bachelor Degree, within packaging/mechanical engineering
They will also need to have a good demonstratable knowledge of ME line trial processes and also SAP.
Technical knowledge to be able to discuss technical issues during line trials is essential as is a very good office tool knowledge (Microsoft office - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc)
There will also possibly be occasional travel between Third Party Manufacturers in the UK required within this role.
Initially the role is for 6 months but could last longer depending on project demands
Up to £23.00 per hour (PAYE) or £30.00 per hour (LTD) depending on suitability
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.