- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Civil Design Technician
This is great new opportunity for a Civil Design Technician to join our client's growing team in Sheffield, and gain valuable experience on a range of highway, civil, structural design projects.
This new Technician position is ideal for either a trainee or experienced Technician that is looking to gain further experience working on a wide variety of projects, including highways, civils, transport and structural projects.
You will be assisting the Engineering Team with the production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated reporting and administration.
What will this role involve?
- Understand the importance of delivery to programme with Highways England
- Outline designs and upon approval produce construction designs.
- Update and maintain the job schedule using Excel
- Produce Design Risk Assessments and other relevant documents under CDM regulations
- Maintain relationships and interact with clients and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Experience of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to meet project/scheme deadlines
- Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Experience of innovative designs, value engineering and end to end service delivery.
- Experience of working with civil, structures maintenance / design teams and Local Government or HA clients would be desirable
- CDM Awareness
- IOSH working safely or CSCS card.
What makes this role unique?
You will be tutored and supported in your professional development, allowing you to gain valuable experience with software such as Civil 3D, REVIT and MX, as well as gaining experience assisting Engineers with inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating and quality assurance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.