- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Civil Engineer
This is a great new opportunity for an Assistant Civil Engineer to join our client's growing team in Sheffield and working on a wide range of civil, highway, traffic and structural projects.
This role is ideal for a developing Graduate Engineer that is looking to progress their career and be supported by a great employer, known for their supportive approach helping employees towards their Chartership.
As an Assistant Civil Engineer you can work on exciting industry leading projects such as Smart Motorways with Highways England, and will gain valuable experience and expertise you need to help you drive forward your ambitions gaining the technical and practical experience required to become an excellent and well-rounded engineer.
Our client's Sheffield office is a Design Hub, therefore they support projects across the UK as well as internationally, including some of the UK's most prestigious projects, such as Highways England.
Furthermore, you'll also:
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant
- Undertake any work of technical nature that falls within he ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Carry out site visits and surveys and inspections as appropriate
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in accordance with technical standards and procedures
- Comply with Integrated Management System including Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and all appropriate regulations, in particular CDM
- Prepare and check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Engage in client and third party liaison
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other Accounts / Contracts when required
What are we looking for?
We are looking for innovative, forward thinking individuals who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders. You'll also have:
- Ambitious and keen to work towards Chartership or Incorporation
- Degree qualified
- Experience working within Highways would be desirable
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Post graduate experience
- Ability to mentor and/or coach up and coming engineers
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Client focussed approach to service delivery
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package as well as supporting all our employees through their career development. We'll pay you a competitive starting salary, and review this yearly aligned to your chartership progression.
Our client also offers a great monetary bonus to staff that achieve their IEng & CEng.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.