- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Supply Chain - Logistics
Head of supply chain - logistics - Glasgow - 6 month contract - £62.50 p/hr LTD/UMB or PAYE on req.
This role will be responsible for defining the outsourced logistics strategy to support materials delivery and management across multiple Naval Ships Ship build and Combat Systems programmes and UK locations. This is a critical role that will review, develop and deploy the appropriate contracting methodology with the 3PL provider, enabling a cost effective and continuous logistics solution to our UK and international programmes.
The role holder will assume Control Account Management responsibilities for the cross programme Logistics service, ensuring the delivery of budgets to the agreed Strategy and cost model, including the realisation of identified opportunities.
This is primarily a complex commercial contract management role that requires a level of expertise within the Logistics arena. The role holder will draw upon extensive knowledge of Procurement best practice, subject matter expertise and LfE to lead the Procurement and Logistics process.
This is a business, Customer and Supplier facing role, which will require the deployment of extensive stakeholder management and influencing skills across the Naval Ships organisation, customer programmes and business functions. Working alongside key stakeholders, the role holder will take ultimate accountability for effective delivery of the delivery of the 3PL service contract, material budgets and management of supplier relationships including issue resolution.
- Create, develop and deploy the Naval Ships outsourced Logistics strategy, including contracting strategy
- Work with key stakeholders to capture, verify and agree ongoing logistics business requirements. Work closely with the Global Combat Ship organisation to understand the inter-nation business impact and directly alongside the Head of Logistics for BAE Systems Australia to agree touchpoints and hand over arrangements for the Hunter Class Frigate Programme
- Develop and agree key performance indicators and reporting structure to measure 3PL performance
- Work with key stakeholders to resolve issues as escalated through the team, internal stakeholders or the 3PL provider, including route cause analysis and delivery of return to green action plans
- Work seamlessly alongside the wider Supply Chain function across programmes, including SC Commercial to ensure alignment of all material contracting approaches with the Logistics strategy, including realisation
- Influence both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring sound advice is provided on Commercial / Procurement arrangements and working practice requirements to enable delivery of contract
- Build and maintain strong professional, trusted relationships with management, peers and team
- Lead on complex negotiations and cost reconciliation activities with Subcontractor and other key stakeholders
- Weekly/monthly progress reporting against contract and financial delivery, including presentation of reporting to Senior Leadership teams
- Proven Track record of deploying logistics strategy and managing a 3PL/4PL in a large scale, complex manufacturing programme
- MCIPS / MCILT
- Lean qualification
- Expert level negotiation skills
- Proven Influencing and Strategic Supplier Management capabilities
- Expert at building supplier relationships
- Extensive contractual and commercial working knowledge
- Highly skilled decision maker
- Ability to interpret Project Reporting information (Earned Value, EAC etc.) and implement appropriate management decisions
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.