- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Engineer - Marine
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to work on a prestigeous shipbuilding project in the UK. You will be working on behalf of the ship owner as their Electrical representitive.
This will be a customer-facing role based five days a week in a shipyard in Liverpool, However some weekend working may be required from time-to-time.
You will assist the timely completion of the vessel, by working in a co-operative and consultative manner with the shipyard including the provision of support and advice in the resolution of outstanding electrical design issues. You will also provide advice on progress, including the effect of any defects, in the electrical installation.
This is an advisory role to provide information for the shipyard to allow their management team to make the relevant decisions.
Your duties will include the following as directed;
- Be aware of all parts of the electrical installation on board, including high, medium and low voltage systems, together with control and signal cabling
- Review, on a regular basis (as part of the shipyard's 'war room' regime) the Outstanding Issues list and assist in sourcing information and ideas to assist the yard, and their subcontractors, in formulating actions and resolutions
- Provide advice to the shipyard on the progress made with cable installation and terminations in any particular week
- Provide advice to the shipyard on any noted defects that are likely to cause an unsafe situation, likely not to pass a Class inspection, will not work or could possibly be vulnerable to a premature failure
- Provide advice to the Owner's Programme Manager on the suitability / relevance of TQ's raised by ship staff for inclusion in documentation to be presented to the shipyard.
- 15 years of electrical engineering experience in ships
- Experience with complex vessels
- Experience in a shipyard environment
Qualifications & Accreditations:
- BTEC ONC or equivalent as a minimum.
- Security clearance; BPSS or SC.
Competencies for this role will include the following:
- Software: Proficient in the use of AutoCad and Microsoft Office
- Technical Expertise: Able to assess, review and implement design information relating to ship propulsion, manoeuvring, power distribution, control & automation and other marine electrical systems
- Industry development: Up to date with industry developments, regulations and codes of practice
- Time management: Able to plan workload and meet rigid deadlines
- Communication: Able to express facts or feedback in a clear and concise manner both during meetings and in writing.
This will be a 4-6 month assignment, all accomodation will be provided if you are non local to Liverpool.
If you are interested please apply to this advert or call 01489898185.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.