- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principle Mechanical Engineer
An international engineering company besed in Luton are looking for experianced Principle Mechanical Egnineers to join a growing team.
We are currently looking for a number of high calibre Principal Mechanical Engineers to be based in Luton, whose primary role is the design, development and team leadership of EW products, new and legacy.
The successful candidate will perform mechanical engineering design and management in a professional manner in accordance with engineering common processes.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Perform mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software with a "Hands on" approach.
- Provide team Leadership with effective communication.
- Manage and Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
- Manage own elements of the engineering work package.
- Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
- Support visits and meetings at UK sites and suppliers when required.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Provide leadership and technical direction on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
- Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools.
- Work within the integrated project team providing accurate mechanical engineering output and providing technical information to ensure informed decision making.
- Work in accordance with the mechanical design lifecycle.
- Have experience and understanding of material selection both metallic and composite
- Have experience and understanding of machining and manufacturing techniques and employment of them to achieve optimal DFx approaches.
- Formulate prototype designs and produce physical representations.
- Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
- Chair, support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
- Contribute towards continual improvement in product manufacturability through effective relationship building and design guidance / liaison with other engineering functions (systems, electrical, quality) and production to ensure product & customer requirements are fully satisfied.
- Confident in their subject and decisive in providing ideas and recommendations.
- Supportive mentor - provide technical guidance/recommendations to problems/ projects and individuals.
- Team working approach with a high degree of personal integrity.
- Effective listener - understand others points of view.
- Challenge ideas, proposed solutions and people in a constructive, positive manner.
- Keen to mentor and develop others.
- Business focused - "best" technical solution not always most appropriate for business.
- Effective decision maker who can demonstrate empowerment and delegation.
- Cost and schedule adherence.
- Acts in the greater good of the business and others.
- Ability to make effective trade-offs - cost, quality and schedule.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Engineering design and development - process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
- Problem solving and simultaneous engineering - structured, logical approach to investigate issues and solve problems in an effective cross-function
Mechanical Engineering industry trends - knowledge of new and advancing tools, techniques and technologies.
- Experience with thermal management would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of various additive manufacturing technologies.
- Chartered Engineer registration with a recognised organisation IMechE / RAeS / IED / IET.
- Mechanical Engineering design and development - process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
- Appreciation of Systems Engineering approach
- Appreciation of Project Management Fundamentals.
- Understanding of ERP, PLM and PDM systems (Teamcenter, Windchill and SAP experience would be beneficial).
- Business awareness - understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
- Preliminary (Sizing) Structural analyses, including modal (Hand calculations and F
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.