- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are looking for a Project Planner to join their team base in East Kilbride, Scotland. The position is open to all levels of planners from junior to senior planners, with experience of using Primavera.
You will join the Project Services department which provides Project Control Services on projects, that include planning, document control and technical publication. The Project Services department is involved in all stages of the project life cycle including all EPC phases, which you will assist in undertaking directly. The project services team utilises Primavera and the IFS integrated project management system interfaced with proprietary systems, to deliver pertinent information to all areas of the business. Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- To deliver a resourced robust baseline project schedule (team size dependent)
- To co-ordinate and produce project plans and associated documents
- Provide the management team with relevant contract information
- To ensure all services and deliverables confirmed to Company, Client and Project QA Plan, Policies, Requirements and standards.
- To promote good working relations with the planning team and other project department and client representatives.
- To ensure all planning work is carried out in compliance with Corporate and Project specific procedures.
- Commitment to and promotion of Veolia 's values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the developing and maintaining of Project Planning and Costing processes to meet VWS Westgarth Business requirements.
- To provide a business wide service in aggregation of schedule and resource data from all projects to enable strategic business level planning.
- Ensuring competent planning and costing resources are available and properly utilised in supporting each tender and project.
- Ensuring adequate levels of understanding and competence within the broader business in the use of EVA/EVM systems, tools and reports.
- Assist with the development and training of all project planning personnel.
Do I have what it takes?
- HNC or Degree in relevant subject or qualified by experience.
- Level 5 QCF in Planning/Project Controls would be an advantage.
- Member of Professional Institution desirable.
- Some previous experience in the development of planning and project controls processes would be an advantage.
- Previous planning experience, 1-2 years.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels up to top management.
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agreed standards, systems, processes to meet the project and client requirements.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing.
- Understanding of change management.
- Understanding of risk management.
- Must be a good communicator to extract planning information for team members.
- Willingness to travel overseas for meetings
- Willingness to accept overseas assignments.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.