- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
LPG - Operator
Do you have experience with LNG and Gas tankers and interested in working as an LNG Operator to be based in London?
- Ensure assigned vessels are operated within the limits of their operational and technical safety margins and in accordance with the Company's Safety Management System. Intervene and advise the Operations Manager or other management representative whenever necessary.
- Communicate with charterers and other stakeholders to ensure the safe operation of assigned vessels, always protecting the Company's best interest.
- Plan voyages and prepare voyage estimates as necessary. Proactively communicate pre-fixture details to internal and external stakeholders as necessary. Coordinate vessel activities with various Company Departments as necessary.
- Issue initial and intermediate voyage orders, instructions and details to the Master.
- Purchase bunkers as directed.
- Nominate port agents and/or other local port servants, always to the best interest of the Company and aiming always to the enhancement of customer satisfaction.
- Review and approve D/A, remittances and invoices received from appointed ship servants and port agents for operational matters.
- Keep abreast of vessel movements and activities. Issue position lists in accordance with owner and charterer's requirements.
- Proactively manage all cargo and voyage operational matters. Involve Supervisor and others as necessary.
- Ensure that all steps are being taken to avoid Charter Party disputes and in case of a dispute ensure that owners' interests are protected in the best manner.
- Assist the Chartering department as necessary.
- Pursues Company's quality and environmental targets and objectives for his department and provide the Quality Management Representative with the statistical data and key performance indicators (KPIs) as directed.
- Participate in the Company Emergency Response Team (ERT) as directed.
- Work proactively to enhance customer satisfaction (ship-owners, shippers, charterers, other stakeholders). Communicate with Shippers / Charterers and other stakeholders to obtain feedback information on Customer Satisfaction.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.