- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Ship / Air Interface Safety Engineer
Our leading global company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in sceneic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The ship/ air interface Safety Engineer will fulfill a key role in the Technical Cross Product Team. This position will report to the Engineering Manager - Safety and Certification, and will be required to support the development and implementation of the Aviation Safety Program, working collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Areas of knowledge and experience are required in, but not limited to:
- Aviation Facilities
- Ship/Air Interface
- Release To Service
- System Hazard Identification and Safety Control Development
- Safety Case development
- Safety Verification & Validation techniques
- Safety at sea (Preparation for Sea Trials)
- Develop the Aviation Safety Program in accordance with Regulatory and Statutory requirements.
- Ensure that physical and functional interfaces of all systems are identified, defined and approved via Interface Control Documents.
- Provide Safety Engineering expertise to the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to the requirements definition, design, integration, and test of all shipborne facilities related to aviation operations.
- Provide Safety Engineering support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Develop the Safety Case for their technical area, in accordance with identified standards and the Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Develop subcontractor safety and environmental requirements.
- Technical input to applicable Working Groups, including the Safety and Environmental, and Hazard Identification Working Groups.
- Conduct Hazard Identification, Analysis and Risk Assessment.
- Promote positive Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be a role model for professional behaviour.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education in an Engineering discipline.
- Development of Safety and Environmental Cases and Safety Case Reports
- Experience in ship construction
- Experience in the following fields:
- Engineering in large and complex defence acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Design, integration, installation and test of Aviation Facilities
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Excellent time management, and written and oral communication skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.