- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Manager - Electrical (Power)
Engineering Manager - Electrical (Power) - Barrow-in-Furness - 6 Months - £54.22/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Engineering Manager has responsibility for leadership of the Electrical Power SIT, and is a member of the electrical management team. The role encompasses the management of the Electrical Power elements of the Engineering task (e.g. generation of diagrams, system design descriptions, technical specifications, modelling, integration, supporting whole boat activities) and delivery of related data and outputs to support the programme to quality, cost and schedule.
- Deliver the Functional design of Electrical Power Team - namely 440V, Main DC, Hull Penetrators, Containment Penetrators and all Minor Distribution Systems; ensuring that customer requirements, and user requirements are elicited and agreed, and that systems and equipment are compliant with these requirements.
- Ensure that the Electrical Power Team scope adheres to Safety, Legislation, Environment, and other (Transversal) needs (inclusive of, shock, EMC, signatures, Configuration Management, Human Factors, Operability, etc).
- Ensure that Electrical Power Team scope integrates functionally with all the other systems and scenarios that call upon it.
- Assess programme and technical risks to the delivery of the agreed Electrical Power Team scope and propose mitigation activities and fall-back opportunities to the client.
- Assess the programme requirements and facilitate the development and provision of the required capability resource to meet the programme demands.
- Develop and maintain metrics to ensure reporting of supplier deliverables, Part Maturity, Functional Maturity, Enterprise Change Requests status/performance to plans at programme and project level meetings.
- Interpretation of metrics and related data to support the programme to deliver to quality, cost and schedule.
- Support the 3D modelling activities and the Programme review events to mature the 3D design and allow release of data to Production.
- Provide input as appropriate to System Peer Reviews, Major system Reviews and whole boat Design Reviews.
- Good understanding of submarine systems, design and operation, including transverse aspects, safety and certification.
- Excellent knowledge of submarine electrical power systems design and operation.
- Knowledge of integration of complex systems into platforms.
- Knowledge of MOD system procurement and support, including organisation and standards.
- Experience of test and trials environment including setting to work complex equipment and overall systems
- BEng (Hons) / MSC (Eng) in relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Ideally Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.