- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Traffic Orders Officer
The post holder will be responsible for Statutory Functions for the Designation of TLRN and CEA on behalf of the GLA.
- Manage the ownership of GLA Main and Side Roads forming the TLRN governing Highway and Traffic Authority remit and co-ordinate the designation of the SRN with local authorities.
- Manage the process and procedure to legally produce robust traffic orders to permit utility, planned and safety works.
- Co-ordinate and support delivery of schemes by drafting, mapping and processing permanent traffic orders.
- Manage the process and procedure to permit legal suspensions of TLRN restrictions and controls, monitoring and advising compliance to legally suspend.
- Undertake the pre-drafting researches for drafting traffic regulation orders, public notices, statement of reasons and any other documentation pertaining to the order.
- Prepare the associated documentation for all stages of consultation and carrying out the necessary steps to comply with the procedures regulation pertaining to the order.
- Liaise and consult with Emergency Services, Secretary of State, Boroughs, Stakeholders and other Statutory/Non-Statutory third party in compliance with Acts and Legislation.
- Using maps, diagrams and other appropriate tools, ensure the accuracy of all definitions of restrictions and prohibitions written in orders, co-ordinating and monitoring the processing of traffic orders within an electronic system.
- Arrange for the advertisement on site or publication in the London Gazette and/or local press of the statutory notice.
- Investigate, draft and send responses to correspondence to Councillor's, Police, customers, stakeholders and internally, regarding all queries, comments and objections.
- Establish and maintain effective filling systems and records including relevant legislation, statutory instruments, original documents and financial records required in addition to amending and consolidating previous orders.
- Raise requests for invoices, drafting quotes and procuring any additional services in relation to the TRO, ensuring internal and external customers are charged, and comply with internal recharging requirements within SAP.
- The post holder will be responsible for setting and delivering training or presentation to all levels of staff and customers.
- The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of advising and training staff of all levels on the entire production of Traffic Regulation Orders requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the legal procedures for the drafting and making of TROs.
- Knowledge of computer based mapping systems, METROS, TOMS, MapInfo, and MS Office.
- Knowledge and understanding of Statutory process in compliance with The Local Authorities' Traffic Orders Procedures (England and Wales) Regulations 1996 and The Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Procedure Regulations 1992.
- Detailed knowledge of the technicalities of traffic regulation and control.
- Knowledge and understanding of Act/Legislations e.g. RTRA 1984, TSRGD 2016, Road Traffic (Special Events) Order 1994 and GLA Act 1999.
- Knowledge and ability to decipher maps and TRO content.
- Knowledge and awareness of Priority Red Route controls and restrictions.
- Ability and awareness to provide judicial review, PCN, FOI, Public Enquiry and witness statements documentation
- Ability to undertake detailed and precise checking, altering and correction of legal documents to a high standard.
- Ability to decipher map and plans to draft traffic orders.
- Understand the legal governance to produce legally binding TROs.
- Ability to work accurately to deadlines unsupervised and under pressure dealing with competing priorities in a busy environment.
- Effectively manages own workload, prioritising effectively and consistently meeting deadlines and team targets.
- Demonstrates an eye for detail and an ability to stick at routine tasks.
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the team approach; exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues.
- Ability to lead and supervise direct reports.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.