- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client design a range of innovative electro/mechanical products. They are looking to grow their R&D team.
Our clients products are used in a variety of research environments and this role will focus on New Product Development.
- Reporting to the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work as part of a team to design, specify and build working prototypes with interesting and creative features which complement our existing range.
- Develop new products with innovative engineered solutions.
- To help with new product testing and aid the writing of product literature.
- Supporting the production of our existing instruments by maintaining part drawings and product bills of materials.
- Gathering ROHS/REACH and other material documentation for new and old designs.
- This role is varied but has the freedom for an individual to see the design from inception through to production with a high degree of individual input.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Have a mechanical engineering qualification to ideally degree level.
- Professional experience with a good understanding of complex product structures, hard working, methodical, self-motivated and with a good eye for detail.
- You will have a robust understanding of design for manufacturing and work efficiently in our R&D team with collaboration across all departments.
- Have strong communication skills to work professionally with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Ideally some experience in a relevant field.
- Experience using 3D CAD software, and be able to produce 2D technical drawings.
- Experience working with Bills of Materials within an electronic manufacturing system (ERP) would be advantageous.
- Some practical / industry experience, with an understanding of R & D project lifecycle practices
- Some knowledge of materials under high and low temperatures, working with CE and ROHS requirements.
- Background and an interest in small mechanisms and the close relationship between design and manufacturing.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.