- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Submarine Marine Engineer
Located in the heart of a scenic Cotswold town, our Client are a fast-growing consultancy that specialise in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. They have a proven track record of winning exciting defence projects for the UK MOD and abroad.
The Submarine Marine Engineer will work on a range of exciting projects, based both in the UK and overseas. The work may include supporting submarine concept design, systems design & analysis and in-service support to different Clients.
Based in either the headoffice in Gloucestershire or the new office in Fareham, the role may involve occasional travel throughout the UK and abroad.
You will be expected to conduct submarine systems design and analysis tasks, as well as engineering support to the varied portfolio of naval architecture and marine engineering projects for the UK and overseas navies, as well as commercial customers.
Submarine design and analysis tasks may include:
- Concept system designs for submarines and underwater vehicles
- Submarine system specification writing
- Submarine manoeuvring & control systems definition and de-risking
- Detailed knowledge of all submarine primary and seconddary systems to support design and analysis activities
Qualifications and Attributes -
As a Submarine Marine Engineer, you are expected to:
- Have a good degree in a relevant technical subject with at least 8 years' post-graduate experience.
- Have experience of working in the maritime and defence domains.
- Be comfortable working on multiple lifecycle phases across a number of active projects and bids.
- Be flexible and adaptable, with a 'can do' attitude.
- Manage working on a number of projects simultaneously, prioritising work effectively whilst being cognisant of the wider programme plan and dependencies.
- Be comfortable working in multi-disciplinary teams comprising naval architects, structural engineers, marine engineers, systems engineers and project managers.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable representing the company in customer-facing roles.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Have commercial and business acumen and be willing to engage with all parts of the business.
- Have very strong communication skills, including excellent written skills.
- Be a confidential, honest and reliable individual.
- Have a current UK security clearance or be capable of getting one.
- Be passionate about providing high-quality structural engineering support to our customers.
For more information or to apply, please contact Louise.Lees@matchtech.com or +44 (0) 1489 898136
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.