- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded C Software Engineer
Our client are a major defence and marine technology business currently seeking an experienced embedded software engineer to join them in their North London headquarters.
To design, specify, implement, test and maintain embedded software to support the company's products and services.
- To use good engineering practice to produce embedded software for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions for the business.
- To support and enhance existing software in accordance with business requirements
- To act as a role model for junior staff.
- Responsible for design, specification, implementation, testing and maintenance of software to support the company's products and services
- Undertakes additional project tasks as required by management.
- Technical liaison within and outside the business with customers, suppliers and collaborators on software related matters.
- Travel within the UK may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with equivalent relevant experience
- Strong experience working on Embedded Software designs
- Proven record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Experience working on Radar or related applications desirable
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Excellent Problem solving and Analytical skills
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Self-motivational skills.
- Use of source control software and defect tracking tools
- Ability to understand role of software within the wider system context
- Embedded C (C++ skills desirable but not essential.)
- CANBus Technologies
- Infineon/Microblaze/Power PC processors
- TCP/IP/UDP Networking
- Flash memory interfaces
- Knowledge and experience of Xilinx EDK/GNU Tools
- In-circuit and software emulation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.