- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are currently looking for a assembly operative to work on fitting of aerospace product at a company based in Uxbridge.
- To be conversant with and undertake a variety of assembly and inspection operations to produce and test cables, pipes, high pressure hoses and gun components as part of seat assembly to the required quality standards and in accordance with work schedules.
Undertake tasks as defined in the attached Appendix under the direction of the Cell Leader.
To accurately interpret engineering drawings and work instructions/build plans so that Part Numbers, Drawing Issues, relevant ADR's, process specification and finishes can be accurately identified and applied.
To be conversant with and employ appropriate techniques as specified on the job cards relevant to specific components such that work is undertaken according to requirements so that :
Processes are carried out in accordance with laid down SOP's within the Department
- Required quality standards are achieved
- All relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSW's arising from RA's/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- To undertake self-inspection (and where authorised apply an inspectors stamp) and quality check work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures.
To assist in the successful implementation of on-going Lean Initiatives including:
- 5S activities
- Continuous Improvement programmes
To monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
To handle materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and handling/machining instructions so that:
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty machining
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling
To report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
To undertake any formal training in-house or external relevant to the job and adopt modern practices within the Department.
To undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping cleaning duties, such that the Department and associated areas are maintained in an efficient clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.