- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a busy London Borough who are currently looking for a Technical Administrator to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to provide administrative and technical support in the effective and efficient promotion, design and use of the computerised asset inventory systems as required within budgets, programmes and street works.
* To supervise the Street Works System including configuring to Barnet's needs, troubleshooting problems, developing reports, setting up new users and liaising with software suppliers.
* To act as the Authority Street Custodian maintaining the Additional Street Data. Responsible for updating Barnet's Local Street Gazetteer. Create streets with data required for Street Works and other services. Submit monthly data to the Central Hub for validation and publication for utilities to update their street works systems.
* To develop briefs, feasibility studies and undertake design and implementation of reports, usage and technical support for small and medium sized projects as allocated.
* To monitor, control and assist with the supervision of users. To prepare reports, models and documentation for projects of varying complexity, dependent on the post holder's grading. To assist in obtaining the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals and in the preparation, supervision and administration of associated
consultants commissions or contracts. To lead on projects as allocated.
* Daily liaison with recognised of the council/Re contractors and suppliers to report works, update outstanding works, chase up progress etc., on all matters relating to the condition and repair of public highway infrastructure provision.
* To monitor the performance of the Council's contractors and suppliers and take necessary action to ensure acceptable performance, including production of reports, letters and telephone complaints.
* Liaise with contractors to ensure that information is reported, logged and updated on identified computer software applications that the Council uses from time to time.
* Ensure that full reports are provided by contractors/suppliers in accordance with the specification.
* To assist with, or carry out administrative tasks, technical surveys and site surveys as directed and to assist with, or carry out the preparation of reports on findings. To assist in the introduction of new methods as necessary to ensure efficient use of resources, including taking an active role in promoting best value.
* To liaise, where appropriate, with the parent software house, other Agencies and Bodies and inter and intra services to co-ordinate projects, attending meetings as necessary including with commercial promoters.
* To prepare letters of varying complexity, dependent on the post holder's grading, including assisting with letters on policy matters, proofs of evidence, technical reports, briefs for consultants and other documents of all complexities as may be required.
* To maintain technical, administrative and resource records, and undertake research and technical investigations as directed.
* To keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of activity relevant to the post and act as specialist advisor for particular activities as allocated.
* To assist in identifying IT needs for all assigned functional areas within the post and, where appropriate, in liaison with the Council's Information Systems Development Team and/or external suppliers, the specification, procurement, implementation and maintenance of such IT systems.
* To use, promote and develop the use of IT and internal systems to ensure that the Service makes the best use of the technology that is available including word processing packages, spreadsheets, presentation packages, databases and Autocad.
* To represent the service at public and other meetings as directed, dependent on the post holder's grading. To liaise and deal courteously with enquiries from members of the public, members of the council, other council officers as well as enquires from other agencies and bodies.
* To be aware of the Best Value aspects of providing professional/technical service and to assist in the achievement of these.
* To encourage and develop optimum performance from staff and underline the corporate approach to customer needs as reflected in the council's structure and style.
* Junior Staff on day to day or project by project basis.
* Consultants and contractors undertaking work for the Council as directed.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.