- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer to design an aircraft structure for a exciting new aircraft.
We're looking for an outstanding Design Engineer who combines superb technical knowledge and experience with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This role is to develop from the ground up the Aircraft Structure for our new aircraft. The role is full time and will require the successful candidate to be very flexible in terms of work content and to be well-motivated.
The successful candidate must have a fundamental knowledge of Aircraft Structures and be able to effectively analyse the complex system from a design perspective. The successful candidate must have significant experience in aerospace or other highly regulated industries.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Conceptual and detail design of composite and metallic structures for novel aircraft configurations
- Definition of component and system requirements
- Meeting the Means of Compliance standards required by the authorities
- Assisting in the management of suppliers and manufacturers, delivering components or systems to the project
- Conducting composites-related R&D projects and supporting test activity
- Preparing technical documentation for review by senior managementBasic Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong fundamental knowledge of lightweight structures and composites
- Detailed knowledge of current and developing aircraft structural technology
- Detailed understanding of the design requirements and system engineering approach
- Experience and proficiency of at least one modern CAD package and PLM system
- Working knowledge of GD&T and drawing creationPreferred Qualifications/Experience
- Experience of certifying to aerospace standards
- Masters or PhD in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Significant experience of Solidworks
- Good understanding of surface modelling techniques
- Good communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience in communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Hold Signatory to DOA aviation levels
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.