- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Matchtech are currently recruiting for a Workshop Engineer to work for Terberg Matec based in Worksop. The position will be to repair, refurbish and maintain equipment which includes bin lifts, recycling vehicles and waste collection vehicles.
- To fit and commission full range of Terberg bin lifts.
- To manufacture, commission and repair any new equipment in line with company portfolio.
- To carry out fabrication and welding as required.
- Work to quality control procedures recording all relevant information. Ensure work is in line with health and safety standards at all times.
- Carry out any task that may be deemed appropriate. To work off site at customer premises as and when required.
- To manufacture, fit and commission new equipment in line with the company's equipment to agreed standards.
- To repair, refurbish and maintain any equipment (including but not exclusively bin lifts, recycling, and refuse vehicles) using own initiative to complete finished product and to agreed standards.
- Carry out fabrication and welding using own initiative and working in line with Instructions and / or drawings issued by supervision.
- Carry out any electrical / hydraulic / mechanical work; this includes installation, diagnosis and rectification.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, this includes hydraulic, electrical and mechanical drawings. Liaise with supervision / stores for stores items, procure from shelf or stillage report shortages discrepancies and return all signed drawings to workshop supervision.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained by keeping your work area or bench in a tidy manner.
- All scrap items i.e. materials, gloves, sanding discs etc must be deposited into the appropriate receptacles. Fill in time sheet with Job No, task content / quantity and time taken hand into supervisor. Ensure you carry out your tasks in line with Safe Systems of Work Procedures.
- All PPE to be used when required and appropriate. Ensure that you use all manufacturing equipment in correct and safe manner, only use equipment that you have been appropriately training for, leave equipment not in use tidy and stored in the designated area.
- Identify and report any equipment defects. Carry out any task that may be appropriate to develop continuous company growth limits of Authority. Procure materials from stores department. Inspect own work and sign off.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills and work effectively within the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and put forward new ideas to improve processes within the department.
- Ability to make decisions based on incomplete information, which has been filtered through others. Confidence to put forward views and contribute to the development of the department.
- Demonstrable commitment to personal development.
- To demonstrate self-motivation in achieving own and departmental objectives. Willingness to learn from mistakes.
- Willingness to learn other skills within the department Ability to demonstrate positive customer service skills.
- Ability to develop interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to model the Terberg values and behaviours.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.