- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our Engineering Client in the Marine Industry are looking for a Stores Person to assist with all stores related activities
Assist the Stores supervisor with the following duties:-
- Develop the parts kitting process and locations throughout the factory
- Work with procurement to rationalise the metal store
- Work with design and procurement to consolidate consignment stocks and shop consumable stocks
- Ensure goods are stored correctly, safely and rotated accordingly to minimise the possibility of damage and deterioration
- Responsible for the assembly and Kitting of work packs in accordance with the production schedules
- Maintain accurate inventory control through Sage following goods receipted and goods issued, also ensuring that stock inventory is maintained at an optimum level eliminating material shortages
- Ensuring the necessary quality records for materials delivered are collated and filed correctly
- Purchase stock items for preferred suppliers, assisting Category Managers if necessary
- Responsible for bi-annual stock takes, reconciling inventory records where appropriate
- Ensure appropriate safety standards are maintained in the Stores
- Manage the despatch of items from site (customer spares or goods to be returned), accurately preparing all paper work, packing and shipping items.
- Following stores management and procurement processes
The ideal candidate
- Experience in the Stores function or similar in an engineering environment.
- Experience working with Metal
- Attention to detail
- Ideally forklift licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.