- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Environmental Growth & Partnerships
Cornwall Council are looking for an experienced Head of Environmental Growth & Partnerships for an initial 4-5 month contract, this post will be inside IR35. For more info, please call Adam Good @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
The Head of Environment Growth & Partnerships role forms part of the Service Director - Environments Senior Management team in the Neighbourhoods Directorate. The role will work with colleagues to shape and deliver service plans that support delivery of the corporate strategy in relation to Environmental Growth and Environmental Policy.
Acting as the corporate lead for the professional functions within their portfolio, they will provide leadership to staff and work with partners, colleagues and corporate management to ensure delivery of all aims and objectives relating to the service.
In developing a cohesive environmental management strategy for Cornwall they will use the environment as "driver" to support the local economy and to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors.
The post holder will lead the Authority's statutory work as Lead Local Flood Authority working closely with the Environment Agency, South West Water and DEFRA.
Further, the post holder will be the key Council adviser providing the support to the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Nature Partnership and the Cornwall and Tamar Valley AONB's and will commercially lead the Cornwall Archaeological Service.
The Council published an Environmental Growth Strategy in 2016 www.cornwall.gov.uk/environmentalgrowth which set out the direction of travel. The service is in transition as the Council adapts to its announcement of a Climate Change Emergency. It also has the challenge of managing a diverse team where resources struggle to keep up with demands. The interim role is designed to overlap with incumbent preparing to leave and will cover the recruitment of a permanent replacement. The task is to hold the fort but ensure opportunities are not lost and members and partners confidence is maintained.
- To advise and contribute to the Council Plan and relevant corporate and community strategies on matters relating to Environment, including, Heritage, Protected Landscapes, Flooding and Coastal Protection ensuring that Members and senior officers are presented with options and receive relevant professional advice for strategic targeted investment
- The interpretation, feedback and comment on emerging government legislation ensuring that the council is well placed to fulfil it's statutory duties e.g. Maritime & Coastal Access Act; Floods and Water Management Act. Contribute to the achievement of the Council's overall objectives by strategically aligning Environmental services to its vision and priorities, working with colleagues across the Council to effectively and efficiently deliver corporate and directorate policies, programmes, projects and initiatives, optimising the effective and efficient use and deployment of resources. Support the localism agenda and ensuring effective engagement with Cornwall's communities
- Provide advice when required to the directorate and heads of service on Environment, Heritage, Protected landscapes Flooding and Coastal Protection to facilitate informed decision-making by ensuring that officers and Members are appraised of issues and receive relevant, best practice professional advice
- To support Members effectively to ensure that the engagement with Cornwall's communities and promotion of local decision making within Town & Parish Councils, Local and Third Sector groups is managed appropriately
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.