- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
5 Axis CNC Operative
I am currently looking for a 5 axis CNC setter operator to work for our aerospace client based in Chalgrove.
This position is responsible for undertaking a wide range of manufacturing processes in a small batch manufacturing cell, operating to high standards of quality and customer care whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement and lean manufacturing philosophies in manufacturing processes.
- To carry out cnc machining manufacturing tasks:
- Fully set and operate new technology 5 axis, 4 axis cnc milling machines
- Fully set and operate new technology multi turret cnc lathes
- Fully set and operate new technology cnc machine tools in a cellular environment
- Be able to forward plan and load plan for day machine production and unmanned machine production in a 24/7 cellular cnc machining environment
- To hand Deburr and fettle detail components
- In batch and in process inspection of components
- Preventive maintenance task and duties
- Function and Operate within a 5's manufacturing cell environment will full participation and involvement in every aspect
- Be able to read understand, cnc programmes, using machine interface.
- Using SAP be able to check material availability, part requirements, part routings and issue.
- Build and set tool assemblies.
2. To inspect components:
- Able to read, understand and fully interpret component drawings, including detail, assembly and finishing process drawings.
- Inspect detail, assembly and finishing processes from drawing to component and use all inspection equipment required accordingly including Co-ordinate measuring machines, contour machines, and surface finish equipment.
- Ability to inspect and use pressure checking, magnetic particle inspection equipment and paint finishing inspection techniques.
3. To assemble components:
- Carry out assembly and kitting of parts to drawing requirements and inspect.
4. To finish spray detail components and assemblies:
- Operate degreasing equipment
- Prepare coatings according to manufactures specifications
- Apply coatings and cure these in accordance with manufactures and drawing specifications
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.