- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are looking for a creative and dynamic Design Engineer with imaginative design skills to work as part of a team of Design Engineers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating new & adapting existing products to customer specifications as well as the following tasks.
· Complete all aspects of the product design phase including concept design, detail design, detail drawings, design reviews (internal and with the customer), FMEA's and all other steps to ensure a design project can be introduced into production.
· Assist in and suggest process developments to improve existing products and to manufacture in a more cost effective manner.
· Produce Production related documentation such as Work Instructions, Wiring Specifications and Test Specifications as well as Test Reports.
· Work closely with our Purchasing, Production, Production Engineering and Quality Departments as well as direct with suppliers.
· There may be a requirement to design and manufacture of assembly aids, assembly fixtures, test fixtures etc.
· Track the costs for project updating as required during the development of a design for the life of the project.
· Provide technical support to our Product Management and Sales Teams, possibly including customer meetings and visits.
Skills and Experience
- You will need to have a detailed knowledge of a wide range of design and manufacturing processes, including plastic injection moulding, die casting, metal pressing and printed circuit boards, working with suppliers to produce the necessary tooling to manufacture our components.
- Good analytical skills (FEA, capability studies, mathematical simulation etc) would be an advantage.
- Experience in Solidworks 2018 (or later) is ideal.
- Experience in working to tight, customer driven timescales is essential, usually to an agreed Project Timing Plan, therefore basic project management skills are essential.
- It is essential that you are a "hands on" and practical individual, ideally capable of utilising in-house equipment and machinery to manufacture components as required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.