- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
High Voltage Systems Engineer - Motorsport
'If you don't believe you can do it, it's better to stay home' Max Verstappen.
Motorsport is harnessing Energy Systems Technology like never before creating the opportunity for the best and brightest Power Electronics Engineers.
Join a leading supplier of Engine and Energy Storage Systems (ESS) at their UK base in Milton Keynes. Watch your engineering expertise go head to head with the worlds greatest drivers at the wheel in Singapore, America and the iconic Monaco tracks.
We require a High Voltage System Engineer (300V - 1000V) to take responsibility for system level design and development of the primary power electronics units including inverter, converter (high voltage DC to low voltage DC) other subsystems (e.g. contactor, fuse that in HV circuit) as well as fault investigation and setting countermeasures during the ESS pack production stage or sign-off process.
HV System Engineer is also responsible for fault analysis and investigation of the ESS pack at factory after races or test use, addressing any consequent countermeasures and conducting the following action within the team.
To apply, candidates must have:
Automotive Experience (Motorsport not essential).
High Voltage Design and Development (300V - 1000V).
- Primary point of contact for power electronics units specification, requirement and supplier liaison
- Working as an interface between Power module supplier and inverter supplier
- High voltage system architecture design of ESS system
- Organization of ESS pack system test from the point of power electronics units (especially the inverter and DCDC converter)
- Investigate any fault on ESS pack at development, production, sign-off process, and used on the race car.
- Address the countermeasure for the faults and conduct following process.
- -Analyse the battery or power electronics test data on ESS pack with supplier and sub-contractor. -Feedback the test data to ESS development team to improve the performance and reliability of ESS pack.
- Define the Specification / design of test equipment as required.
- Organize and overseeing of equipment for ESS production
- Analysing the technology, and trends of current/post power electronics and create technical reports
- Provide evaluation and recommendation of screened companies
- Document, report, prepare presentations on findings, evaluation, recommendation, and on-going project updates
- Facilitate, support meetings, and collaborations with companies and suppliers
- Responsible for 3rd party project deliverables (testing, research milestones, etc) and reporting
- Facilitate technology evaluation including contactor, fuse, etc at 3rd party labs as needed
- Attend conferences to report trends and technology updates
- Support other ESS pack related projects where a power electronics expert is needed, examples include EMC R&D test
- Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ESS / high voltage circuit analysis, monitor and development experience
- Power Electronics units (inverter or converter) development experience
- Project management experience with supplier
- Coordination skill of the development and test schedule with members and supplier
- EMC analysis experience for high voltage system
- Knowledge of high voltage switching noise principal and analysis
- Knowledge of power devices (especially wide gap device)
- Knowledge of high voltage sub system (fuse, contactor, switches, etc)
- Experience of making the specification based on requirement from the user point of view
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic abilities
- Design and specify production tools and equipment of ERS / Power electronics
- ERS testing methodologies
- Excellent document presentational skills
- An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
- Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
- Domestic Travel and Travel overseas will be required
- Full Driving license and competence to drive in the UK
- PC literate
- Strong technical ability and problem solving skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with high levels of initiative
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to plan and manage own workload/projects
- Able to work autonomously under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.