- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Firmware Engineering.
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
The company believe in values which they promote across their business UK wide, and are a strong believer in a work life balance, offering flexible working and a range of benefits! Due to a number of successes the team they are growing and are keen to bring in a Head of Engineering (Firmware.)
"Brilliant Company - Only getting better"
"Work Life Balance -Flexible working times. Lots of charitable events and fundraising for multiple charities. Strong supporter of Employee well-being, mental and physical health. Big Investor in training and development for their employees" Glassdoor Jan 2019 entry.
The company are a world leader in the research and development and due to recent contract awards and growth of the business, the Company are expanding, and actively recruiting for a Head of Systems.
Their technology provides an extensive range of connectivity options, and utilises any connection possible (bearer of choice), from WiFi to satellite, to maintain the end user's connection.
The company prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, excellent working environment and development and growth opportunities for employees.
The company are looking for Head of Firmware, who can demonstrate:
- Experience or previous background of Firmware Engineering. (FPGA, VHDL or Xilinx)
- Significant experience of firmware development using best practice over the full firmware development lifecycle including post-synthesis and post-layout simulation, formal Validation & Verification, constraints, timing analysis and timing closure.
- Previous experience management and leadership. Line management, resource management and or implementing process improvements.
- Significant experience of both synthesisable and behavioural VHDL, and simulation, automated build and test and code coverage tools.
- Advanced knowledge of firmware engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience in the Defence, Aerospace environment.
- Experience of Xilinx ISE, Vivado, Modelsim, Sigasi, Precision, BFMs, DOORS, SVN, JIRA, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.